Attention Experienced Mine and Coal Geologists and Geotechnical Engineers.
AtJDK Geotech Pty Ltd (JDK Geotech) are actively looking for new qualified and talented professionals with demonstrated experience in surface and underground coal mining. JDK Geotech is expanding an established rock mechanics teams in Sydney and Canberra team to include additional Mining Geologist’s for our growing project list. Our teams are currently providing technical services to several Clients with majority of our site work focused on three large-scale projects in the civil construction, mining and environmental sectors.
JDK Geotech are looking for the right professional leaders to fill two roles that best suit an experienced to senior geologist, geotechnical engineer, tunnelling/mining engineers or engineering geologists. The candidates will form part of an established and larger technical services team that will help deliver professional technical advice over several projects.
Roles are suited to professionals looking to achieve a healthy work life balance with the options of FIFO and DIDO to sites being offered by the company to accommodate a lifestyle roster.
- FIFO from any capital city to the mine site.
- Lifestyle roster of 8 days on 6 days off rotating roster (8/6 roster). All offered roles will have the option to progress to a technical lead position within the location's team should they demonstrate the appropriate characteristics.
- Above industry pay rates and packaged benefits (paid hourly).
- Company vehicle provided for work use.
JDK Geotech is looking for the following attributes in potential applicants:
- Experience in project management, site investigation and geotechnical design.
- Broad range of geological, geotechnical and tunneling/mining skills, ideally including underground construction, rock mechanics, slope stability assessment and foundation design/assessment for piling operations.
- Proven track record and industry experience in large scale construction activities, geological exploration and geotechnical investigation works.
- Proven experience within large scale transportation projects: roads, light rail and tunnels. Experience on building projects and construction phase services would be advantageous.
- Skilled in geotechnical and numerical modelling, ground support and reinforcement knowledge, underground monitoring systems and assessment.
- Relevant academic degree qualifications (Mining Engineering, Geology, Geosciences are essential.
- Chartership with Engineers Australia or working towards becoming a Chartered Engineer would be favorable.
Key responsibilities of the new role will include:
- Ensuring delivery is compliant to all relevant procedures, policy, standards, legislation and deed requirements.
- Management of on-site engineering activities and management of a team of Engineers / Geologists.
- Liaise with our clients, consultants, subcontractors, suppliers and relevant authorities to complete the work allocated.
- Technical, administrative and functional to support to to enable to business to operate at an optimal level.
- Effective and consistent planning.
- Hazard management plan audits and mapping
- Identifying geological hazards.
- Coal quality, gas drainage, ventilation and strata control technical & planning tasks.
Our Teams Core Values:
- Providing our clients with accurate, effective and appropriate professional advice pertaining to the job at hand.
- Providing leadership and technical guidance to fellow engineers and geo-technicians in your long term and day to day works.
- Demonstrating safety leadership and promoting safe practices and procedures in all facets of work.
- Addressing daily works with a strong interest to work in the environmental and engineering field with peers who share this common trait.
To be eligible for this role, all applicants must have legal rights to work and live in Australia. Must have experience in open cut coal mining or underground coal mining projects.